NCC (National Cadet Corps) is a tri-service organization consists of Army, Navy and Air Force which is committed to train the young minds and instills in them the quality of bravery and self-discipline. Our college started NCC with a view to contribute the service to nation and impart army training to youth in future. We have fully functional NCC Unit which is duly affiliated with 25 PB Battalion NCC, Abohar. Our College has total permitted strength of 160 NCC cadets (including 1st, 2nd and 3rd year).
MOTTO OF NCC: UNITY AND DISCIPLINE
Aim of NCC: The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life and make them always available for the service of the nation.
Duration of NCC Training Program: The duration of NCC training program is 3 Years. During the program, candidates get the basic military training. The basic aim of this training is to develop the interest of youth in Indian Armed Forces.
1) Institutional Training: It is conducted in colleges by Associate NCC Officer and Armed Forces personnel to cover the NCC syllabus comprising of Common Subjects and Service subjects. It includes basic military training to the cadets as part of the curriculum.
2) Camp Training: The basic aim of camps is to introduce cadets to a regimented way of life. It is mandatory for the cadets to attend minimum of two camps during the period of their enrollment. The various types of camps conducted by NCC are as follows:
- Annual Training Camps
- Centrally Organized camps
- National Integration Camps
- Leadership Camps
- Rock Climbing Training Camp
Certificates & Examinations: There are 2 certificate exams in NCC for Senior Wing Cadets i.e ‘B’ and ‘C’ certificate exams.
Bharat Swachh Abhiyan By NCC Cadets
NCC Cadets Camp
Objectives of NSS: To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
Parade on Independence Day by NCC Cadets
National Service Scheme is an Indian Government sector public service program conducted by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of Government of India, the scheme was launched in Gandhiji’s Centenary year in 1969. It provides opportunity to the student youth of India to take part in various government led community service activities and programmes.
Motto of NSS: "Not Me, But You"
Vision: To build the youth with the mind and spirit to serve the society and work for the social upliftment of the down-trodden masses of the nation.
Mission: It is to improve the youth to serve the society and nation and to promote education through community service. Further it identifies the needs and problems of community and finding solution with intent to promote national integration and social harmony.
Components of NSS:
NSS Programme Officer, NSS Volunteer and Community are considered the three basic components of the NSS.
- NSS Programme Officer is a member of the teaching faculty who provides necessary leadership to the NSS students.
- NSS Volunteer is a self motivated college student.
- Community provides NSS volunteer the first-hand knowledge of living conditions of masses.
7 Days NSS Camp Chandigarh University, Mohali
Cultural Programme of NSS by Nehru
Yuva Kender in college campus.
Tree Plantation by NSS Cadets in
Speech Compition by NSS Unit
in College Campus